Dr. Roberto Gallardo, founder of Mississippi Institute, keynotes at meeting of Dublin Global Institute
The ICF Dublin Institute’s May 4 workshop welcomed more than 40 attendees who were able to hear an inspiring keynote presentation from Roberto Gallardo, Executive Director of the MSU Intelligent Community Institute.
In Mississippi, Dr. Gallardo is on a mission to close this digital divide, one citizen, one neighborhood, one business, one community at a time. Dr. Gallardo discussed with Institute members the steps he has taken and the community development model he uses to move the dial toward a more connected and intelligent Mississippi.Read more
An Intelligent Community Institute® is a local research and development institution established in partnership with ICF by universities, local governments and other organizations to accelerate the Intelligent Community® movement at the regional and national level.
Each Institute focuses teaching the Community Accelerator strategy while also supporting a specific mission of the community or institution that is home to the Institute. That mission may focus on education or e-democracy, agriculture or alternative energy, the creation of technology clusters or the reduction of poverty. Whatever the mission, the Institute creates new capabilities for the global movement while addressing regional or national priorities.
If you wish to explore formation of an Intelligent Community Institute®, request an Expression of Interest template from co-founder Louis Zacharilla.Submit
COMING UP: Join the Dublin Institute SMART CITIES Virtual Workshop on September 29: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dublin-institute-smart-cities-workshop-tickets-699026335587
The Global Institute for the Study of the Intelligent Community was established in partnership with the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) to serve as a research institution to expand the world’s knowledge about the creation of Intelligent Communities. Through the Institute and our membership, we seek to expand understanding of successful community development and to equip local leaders with tools to build stronger communities.
The Institute is currently one of two such organizations licensed through ICF. Each Institute focuses on educating and assisting communities in becoming proficient in the Intelligent Community Indicators – broadband, knowledge workforce, innovation, digital equality, sustainability, and advocacy.
The Institute is a collaborative network of rural, suburban and urban community leaders and organizations focused on building Intelligent Communities. Through outreach to other Ohio communities and a series of workshops in Dublin, the Institute is promoting a vision of Intelligent Ohio: a network of cities and counties using the ICF Method to drive their economic, social and cultural development in the digital age. By leveraging the knowledge and success of the membership, the Institute serves as facilitator, convener and subject matter expert to:
- Expand awareness
- Provide resources
- Exchange information & ideas
- Connect communities & organizations
- Conduct research
- ICF Global Institute in Dublin, Ohio Targets Statewide Inititiatives - In June, city manager Dana McDaniel (center) retired from his long-time leadership position with the city of Dublin, Ohio. Dana founded the ICF Global Institute at Dublin in 2016 as an educational initiative for community leaders throughout central Ohio. MORE
- Presentation on the Dublin Institute - Delivered by Institute Founder Dana McDaniel at the 2019 ICF Global Summit in New York City.
- Meanwhile Out on the Roads of Ohio... - By Louis Zacharilla. Public transit is a local issue. And while global challenges remain unsolved, local ones are being addressed aggressively, with or without the funding or support necessary from national governments. I am proud to say that a case in point was another event which took place in the state of Ohio, USA during General Assembly Session week in New York. The ICF’s Global Institute in Dublin, Ohio launched its first roadshow. MORE