With limited resources and fierce competition for business and talent, municipalities must get creative with their ecdev policies and partnerships. In this PSD webinar, participants will learn how small and rural communities across North America are leveraging affordable and effective broadband connectivity to enable economic growth. Featuring panelists from the New York Area, Southwestern Ontario, Atlantic Canada, and Alberta, this webinar will provide participants with strategies and resources to gain support for a connectivity project in your region, followed by a discussion of best practices for squeezing the greatest economic value for your community out of enhanced connectivity. Register for this PSD Webinar to learn how to kick-start or accelerate a connectivity initiative in your town or region.
- Norm Jacknis, Senior Fellow, Intelligent Community Forum (ICF)
- Nancy Flam, Principal, Flam Consulting and Associates, formerly Project Director with Broadband for Rural Nova Scotia
- Geoff Hogan, IT Director, Grey County Ontario, and SWIFT Initiative Staff Lead
- Ashleigh Weeden, Communications & Community Engagement, Grey County Ontario, and Connected County Initiative Project Lead
- Mitch Thomson, Executive Director, Olds Institute for Community and Regional Development, Town of Olds, Alberta