It’s one thing to modernize operations with digital tools, data systems, communications, scheduling and procedures in various pockets of a city’s operations, businesses, institutions and civic life. That’s smart. And a community can do a lot of things smart. An Intelligent Community integrates those smart people, facilities, equipment, data and policies into a united and common direction.
Advocacy is that unifying element – gathering and aligning local initiatives in Broadband, Knowledge Workforce, Digital Equity, Innovation and Sustainability into a broadly shared and understood narrative. Momentum with intention.
Successful engagement coalesces a community’s character and conveys a public identity to the world. It energizes economic development, investment attraction and business formation because the community has built a unique vision of its culture and its future. In this report, ICF shares dynamics, strategies and successful examples of engagement in action.
2. In This Report
3. How Engagement Works
4. Our Communities
- Arlington County, Virginia, USA
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Moscow, Russia
- Whanganui, New Zealand
5. Creating Engagement
- Community Engagement in Whanganui
- Changing the Engagement Model in Hamilton
- Reforming Culture, Embracing Data in Moscow
- The Arlington Way
6. Institutional Advocates
- Social Engagement Through Education in Hamilton
- The Whanganui e-Learning Trust
7. Engagement Across the ICF Method
8. Questions and Conversation Starters
Showing 1 reaction
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter