About the Event:
Each year, the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) names the world’s most Intelligent Community. This process starts with the announcement of the Smart21 Communities of the Year and semi-finalists for the awards. The 2021 Smart21 Announcement event will be co-hosted in the Township of Langley and the City of Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada from February 21-23, 2021. We’re proud and excited to host experts from around the world on the lands of the Coast Salish peoples to discuss ways technology can best serve communities.
We invite you to join us for this engaging & compelling event and take advantage of the opportunity to network with business, government and non-profits delegates from across the globe who have adopted smart technologies in communities to solve problems and to innovate ways of doing business.
The event will bring together the founders of ICF, Mayor & Council and staff representatives from the Township of Langley and the City of Maple Ridge, international delegates from ICF-designated communities as well as numerous business and organization delegates Communities from Canada, the USA and the world.
Whether you are a civic leader, industry stakeholder, investor, community advocate, or business colleague, there is a value-proposition for you to attend this inclusive, forward-thinking, educational event.
Sunday, February 21st
- Evening reception in the Township of Langley.
Monday, February 22nd
- Full-day plenary conference and awards dinner announcing the Smart21 Communities of 2021.
Tuesday, February 23rd
- Day-time business-themed and community-themed tours (Township of Langley and Maple Ridge). The Intelligent Community Forum bus tours are an opportunity to learn about future growth in the Township of Langley and the City of Maple Ridge’s innovative region. Your guide will share insider knowledge while showcasing local businesses that are leading the way with advanced technology. Attendees will be able to sign up for sector-themed tours of Advanced Manufacturing, Agri-Tech and Robotics/Technology or for guided tours of leading local Indigenous-owned businesses. More details about the tours to be released.
- Early Bird Registration - $199 (available until December 31, 2020)
- Regular Registration - $249 (tours separate)
- Student Registration - $99 (Conditions apply. Reception and dinner not included.)
Preferred Hotel Blocks:
Note: Hotel room blocks must be booked by January 20, 2021
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Langley
8750 204 Street, Langley, BC V1M 2Y5
Standard Two Queens: $119 CDN/night + taxes
Sandman Signature Langley
8828 201 Street, Langley, BC V2Y 0C8
Signature King: $127 CDN/night + taxes
Signature Two Queens: $135 CDN/night + taxes
Corporate King: $144 CDN/night + taxes
Sandman Hotel Langley
8855 202 Street, Langley, BC V2Y 0C8
Standard Queen: $105 CDN/night + taxes
Standard Two Doubles: $114 CDN/night + taxes
Studio Kitchen: $118 CDN/night + tax
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How much are the Bus Tours?
A: Bus tour ticket information will be announced soon.
Q: Are group rates available?
A: Yes! For Group rates, dinner or reception only tickets please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Is there a shuttle from the preferred hotels to any of the events?
A: There will be a ticketed shuttle service from the preferred hotels to the conference on February 22. Please contact Melissa at email@example.com for more information and to reserve a spot on the shuttle.
Q: Will the event be live-streamed?
A: Running concurrently with the in-person event in the Township of Langley and Maple Ridge will be a virtual conference, where select portions of the event will be live-streamed for those that cannot attend in-person. In-person registrations may be converted to livestream registrations should an attendee no longer be able to attend in person.
ICF, Maple Ridge and the Township of Langley are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. Should restrictions on local gatherings or travel make it inadvisable to host an in-person event, we will pivot to a fully virtual platform for this important global event.