About the Event:
Each year, the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) names the world’s most Intelligent Community. This process starts with the announcement of the Smart21 Communities of the Year and semi-finalists for the awards. The 2021 Smart21 Announcement virtual event will be co-hosted by the Township of Langley and the City of Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada from February 22-24, 2021. The Township of Langley and the City of Maple Ridge are proud and excited to host experts from around the world, digitally, from the lands of the Coast Salish peoples to discuss ways technology can best serve communities.
We invite you to join us for this engaging & compelling virtual event and take advantage of the opportunity to network with business, government and non-profits delegates from across the globe who have adopted smart technologies in communities to solve problems and to innovate ways of doing business.
The event will bring together the founders of ICF, Mayor & Council and staff representatives from the Township of Langley and the City of Maple Ridge, international delegates from ICF-designated communities as well as numerous business and organization delegates Communities from Canada, the USA and the world.
Whether you are a civic leader, industry stakeholder, investor, community advocate, or business colleague, there is a value-proposition for you to attend this inclusive, forward-thinking, educational virtual conference.
The conference will include the following events:
- Welcome addresses
- Keynote speakers
- Business & Community-themed virtual tours
- Hack-a-thon competition
Further agenda information will be confirmed soon.
Featured Conference Speakers:
- Agustin Argelich, Digital Technologies International Consultant
- Troy DeFrank, Director, British Columbia Trade & Investment, Pacific Northwest
- Jack Froese, Mayor, Township of Langley, British Columbia, Canada
- Joost Helms, Director, Eindhoven International Project Office (EIPO)
- Stephen Hilton, Founder & Director, City Global Futures
- Brenda Knights, CEO, seyem
- Dale Lutz, Co-CEO and Vice-President of Development, Safe Software Inc
- Dan Mathieson, Mayor, City of Stratford, Ontario, Canada
- Lissa Matyas, Vice-President, International Partnerships, Mitacs
- Rob McCann, Founder, Clearcable Networks; President, Hamilton Technology Centre
- Doug McCollough, CIO, City of Dublin, Ohio, USA
- Micheal Morden, Mayor, City of Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
- Karen Stewart, Chief Information Officer, City of Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
- Päivi Sutinen, Director, City as a Service Development, Espoo, Finland
- Graham Truax, Executive Director, Innovation Island Technology Association, Comox BC Canada
- Toomas Türk, Chief of Innovation, City of Tallinn, Estonia
- Kadie Ward, Commissioner and Chief Administrative Officer at Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
Additional speakers will be confirmed soon.
- Regular Registration - $99
- Student Registration - $25 (Conditions apply.)
- Group Rate (For 6 People) - $495
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I get more information about group registration?
A: Yes! For Group rates information please contact Melissa at email@example.com.
Q: How will the virtual event work?
A: Township of Langley and City of Maple Ridge are working with ICF to develop the Smart21 Conference as a virtual conference. This virtual conference will include an app, with which attendees can view sessions, network with each other, and more. For more information on the ICF app, contact Matthew Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org