When: June 6-8, 2017
Where: New York City
What will you take away from Summit 17?
The annual ICF Summit is unlike any municipal, urban planning or economic development conference you attend. You will take away value that translates into direct benefit to the citizens, businesses and institutions you serve:
- Economic development leads. Identify site location and investment opportunities, as well as “soft landing” targets for local business, at our economic development matchmaking session.
- Ideas you can put to use. Meet officials from cities, counties and metro areas who face similar challenges and have created strategies and programs to deal with them. Many may have developed solutions that apply to your community. Peer mentoring starts at the Summit and continues long after through the relationships you forge.
- Inspiration to act. Too often, efforts to build a better community wind up in an endless loop of meetings, analysis, workshops and more analysis. The inspiring examples you encounter at the Summit show you how to take the first essential steps on the journey.
- International reach. McKinsey & Company estimates that 80% of the world’s trade will cross international borders by 2027. Nobel Prize-winning economist Robert Solow has proven that 80% of economic growth comes from technology innovation. The Summit is your most direct route to international opportunity in the innovation economy.
Key Events at the Annual Summit (Click here to view the program)
- Urban and Rural Master Classes teaching development strategies based on information and communications technology
- Economic Development Matchmaking for public and private-sector organizations seeking new opportunities.
- Top7 Intelligent Communities Reception, honoring the finalists for the Intelligent Community Awards
- Top7 Conversations with the mayors and administrative leaders of our finalists
- Intelligent Community Awards Dinner, where one of the Top7 is named Intelligent Community of the Year
The Australian Consulate General of New York
The Office of the Manhattan Borough President
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office of New York
More about ICF Summits
Each year, the leaders of Intelligent Communities gather with their partners in technology, education, business, economic development, healthcare and other sectors at the ICF Summit.
Many participate in meetings of ICF's membership. Working through our Board and committees, they determines the Forum's policies and steer its research and development programs. These meetings are open to both Full and Associate members of the Forum, as well as to invited guests. They engage in economic development matchmaking and a master class on challenges and best-practice solutions. They hear thought-provoking keynotes and conversations from the innovators who are creating inclusive prosperity and solving social problems on a foundation of information and communications technology. They network at lively social events and that honor the Top7 Intelligent Communities and witness the selection of the Intelligent Communities of the Year.Economic Growth Based on ICT
Summits take place in New York City, home of the Forum, and in Intelligent Communities around the world.
Upcoming and Past Summits
- Summit 17, June 6-8, 2017, New York City, USA (Register Now)
- Summit 16, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Summit 15, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Summit 14, New York City, USA