Institute Website: https://icf-tw.org/
ICF and Chung Hua University (CHU) are working together to create ICF’s first Institute for the study of Smart Cities and Intelligent Communities in the Asian region, to be located at Chung Hua University. The signing ceremony took place in Taiwan at CHU in Hsinchu City between John G. Jung, ICF Co-Founder and Victor W. Liu, President of CHU. The ceremony was witnessed by CHU professors, students and staff as well as community leaders from several Taiwanese cities, including from Hsinchu City, Hsinchu County and Taoyuan County and several private sector leaders. Mr. LC Chen was awarded with the appointment as Honored Dean of the ICF Institute in Taiwan.
John G. Jung and Victor W. Liu during the signing ceremony
The ICF Institute in Taiwan will meet the following ICF Institute goals:
- To establish a collaborative working group at CHU of municipalities, corporations, local schools, university academia, government agencies, not-for-profits, residents and the ICF.
- To staff the working group with members from Chung Hua University, Hsinchu area communities and across Taiwan and beyond.
- Undertake master classes, conferences, site visits and other educational opportunities that draw communities and leaders from the region, nationally and internationally to learn and see first-hand the ICF movement and its indicators at work.
- Invite national and international communities to be trained at CHU for the purposes of certifying the trained individuals as meeting ICF’s curriculum.
- Work with collaborators, sponsors and partners to help support the activities of the Institute.
The Institute will employ a local, regional and global portfolio. Locally, the Institute will undertake research, evaluation and publication of information and programming as the ICF Institute for the Study of the Intelligent Community. Regionally, the Institute will serve as a regional hub, examine, publish and promote best practices; align community leaders with the goals and opportunities of Intelligent Communities; and teach government officials and instructors, including the opportunity to train the trainers. Globally, the ICF Institute in Taiwan will hold an annual symposium and develop and implement opportunities to educate communities in SE Asia and China. The ICF Institute in Taiwan will collaborate with ICF on a regular basis as well as ICF Taiwan, which was launched last year in Taipei to encourage Taiwanese cities to become Smart21 and Intelligent Communities as well as promote the 14 existing Taiwanese Intelligent Communities abroad to attract investment, trade and talent.
Chung Hua University in Hsinchu City, Taiwan
- ICF Global Institute in Taiwan Offers New Programs and Guidance on City Policies - Taiwan’s Hsinchu County, located in northern Taiwan, invited the ICF Institute’s Smart City Project Team to take a leading role in the county’s smart city or Intelligent Community initiatives beginning in February 2023. After a careful review of policies and comparison with those of other cities and counties, the Team offered recommendations designed to better coordinate policies to achieve a common set of goals. MORE