The Intelligent Community Institutes are local research institutions established in partnership with ICF by universities, local governments and other organizations to expand the world’s knowledge about the creation of Intelligent Communities. The ICF, its Foundation, and the City of Dublin, Ohio have entered into agreement for the formation of such an institute in Dublin. The Institute held its launch event in October of 2015, where ICF Co-Founder Lou Zacharilla also made the announcement of the Smart21 Communities of 2016. The highlights from the event can be seen in this video:
The Institute's Objectives are:
- To expand the base of awareness regarding issues central to the development of communities in the 21st Century “Broadband Economy” or digital age.
- To establish the Institute as a regional hub where leaders, investors and other stakeholders will go to become familiar with the ICF process. The Institute will serve as a collaborative learning lab where interested parties may learn the principles of the Intelligent Community and its awards program and accelerate their transformation.
- To develop a network of thought leaders to look at relevant aspects of the community for the purpose of enhancing economic and social development within communities through applied research, publishing and/or events and activities.
- To connect the Institute to the ICF Foundation, an international group of 134 Intelligent Communities and their leadership. The leadership includes businesses, schools and civic institutions.
- To connect the Institute to ICF’s other institutes around world.
- To connect ICF to other institutes and organizations that will allow it to better understand the needs of communities.
- Meanwhile Out on the Roads of Ohio... - By Louis Zacharilla. Public transit is a local issue. And while global challenges remain unsolved, local ones are being addressed aggressively, with or without the funding or support necessary from national governments. I am proud to say that a case in point was another event which took place in the state of Ohio, USA during General Assembly Session week in New York. The ICF’s Global Institute in Dublin, Ohio launched its first roadshow. MORE