The Global Institute for the Study of the Intelligent Community was established in partnership with the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) to serve as a research institution to expand the world’s knowledge about the creation of Intelligent Communities. Through the Institute and our membership, we seek to expand understanding of successful community development and to equip local leaders with tools to build stronger communities.
The Institute is currently one of three such organizations licensed through ICF. Each Institute focuses on educating and assisting communities in becoming proficient in the Accelerator Strategy factors – connectivity, knowledge work, innovation, engagement, inclusion and sustainability.
The Institute is a collaborative network of rural, suburban and urban community leaders and organizations focused on building Intelligent Communities. Through outreach to other Ohio communities and a series of workshops in Dublin, the Institute is promoting a vision of Intelligent Ohio: a network of cities and counties using the ICF Method to drive their economic, social and cultural development in the digital age. By leveraging the knowledge and success of the membership, the Institute serves as facilitator, convener and subject matter expert to:
- Expand awareness
- Provide resources
- Exchange information & ideas
- Connect communities & organizations
- Conduct research
- Dublin Institute Webinar Shines Spotlight on Public-Private Innovation in Ohio - After the hard years of pandemic, the Dublin Institute returned to its regular programming on September 29 for the Intelligent Communities and aspiring cities and regions in central Ohio. It was once called the Rust Belt, but the middle of this American state has become an innovation engine in both business and government. MORE
- ICF Global Institute in Dublin, Ohio Targets Statewide Inititiatives - In June, city manager Dana McDaniel (center) retired from his long-time leadership position with the city of Dublin, Ohio. Dana founded the ICF Global Institute at Dublin in 2016 as an educational initiative for community leaders throughout central Ohio. MORE
- Presentation on the Dublin Institute - Delivered by Institute Founder Dana McDaniel at the 2019 ICF Global Summit in New York City.
- Meanwhile Out on the Roads of Ohio... - By Louis Zacharilla. Public transit is a local issue. And while global challenges remain unsolved, local ones are being addressed aggressively, with or without the funding or support necessary from national governments. I am proud to say that a case in point was another event which took place in the state of Ohio, USA during General Assembly Session week in New York. The ICF’s Global Institute in Dublin, Ohio launched its first roadshow. MORE